What is my prioroty after getting into an accident?

Being involved in an accident is a traumatic experience. If you want to claim for accident compensation, however, you need to act quickly. If possible, submit details of the accident within 24 hours to the police. Additionally, get in touch with your insurance provider within one week of the incident. To simplify the process of compensation, acquire information about other parties who were involved in this accident. Make a note of their name, home, and office address, contact details, gather information about their insurance policies and driver’s license number. You should obtain details about witnesses, if any. One can never have too much information. Without the proper information, you may not be able to locate the person who caused the accident. Most importantly, visit a doctor and follow his/her advice. If the accident occurs on a weekend, consider going to an emergency room or a walk in clinic if the injuries warrant it.

How soon should I contact a lawyer?

In most situations, victims need to file a claim within a certain timeline. Remember that failure to follow timelines can even prevent you from taking any action against the other party. You should get in touch with a lawyer as quickly as possible. A reputable law firm will ensure that your rights are protected and that all limitation periods are met. They can make decisions today that will assist you in the future.

I cannot afford to pay lawyer fees. What should I do?

At Zarolia Barristers, we understand the fact that people who are injured due to accidents experience tremendous emotional and financial pressures. For this reason, we do not ask any of our clients to pay fees in advance or at any time prior to the end of the process. Once we have completed our work for you and you have received the compensation that you deserve, you can pay us.

Can I claim compensation even if the accident was my fault?

Victims can receive compensation, even if the accident occurred because of their own negligence. This is referred to as ‘no fault insurance’. Depending on the factors involved in your particular case, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries even though the accident may have been your fault.

How can you help me if I do not have any insurance coverage?

If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident and do not possess any insurance coverage you can still receive compensation through various sources. These can include acquiring coverage through insurance of your parents, spouse, or other relatives. If none of those sources are available, you can file a claim against the insurance company associated with the other vehicle. Even if this option is unavailable, the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund will provide you with adequate compensation. This is a provincial fund designed for the scenario where, for a combination of reasons, no insurance is available to assist you.

What accident benefits can I receive (no fault benefits)?

If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, you are entitled to enjoy various benefits to be funded by your own insurance company. These can include rehabilitation and medical benefits, housekeeping benefits and caregiver/attendant care benefits. Depending on the particular circumstance, you can also file for income replacement benefits (IRB).

How should I file the claim?

Filing for claims can be a stressful experience. In such a situation, you should obtain the assistance of an experienced law firm. Your lawyer has the legal right to communicate directly with the insurer.The law firm can handle everything from demanding compensation from your own insurance company, the insurance company of the wrongdoer and obtain all of the medical and financial documentation to back up your claim.

How much compensation can I receive?

Compensation differs from one case to another. Quoting an accurate figure, without reviewing the particular case, is difficult. At Zarolia Barristers we will do everything in our power to ensure that you receive all of the benefits to which you are entitled.

How much time will the whole process take?

Unfortunately, this is difficult to state with any degree of certainty. The timeline depends on a number of different factors. One such factor is the nature of the particular injury. Some injuries must be present for a pre-determined amount of time to be considered permanent and therefore compensable. On an average, most people receive compensation within 2 or 3 years of an accident. There are obviously also cases that do not reach resolution for a number of years. In the case of no fault benefits, the time line can often be sped up because they involve ongoing benefits required for things like housekeeping assistance and income replacement for the immediate time away from work.

Can my insurance company conduct any surveillance on me?

Yes, they can. Your insurance company can keep you under surveillance to identify various things. These can include identifying your employment status after the accident and to document information about nature of your injuries. Additional purposes can include investigating fraudulent claims and confirming that you are receiving adequate treatment.

Do you provide service in other languages than English?

We can provide our services in many languages such as;

  • French
  • Punjabi
  • Portuguese
  • Italian
  • Croatian
  • Bosnian
  • Russian
  • Serbian
  • Hindi
  • Urdu
  • Cantonese
  • Mandarin

Need An Appointment For Legal HElp?

Make An Appointment

Languages Spoken

French Russian
Punjabi Serbian
Portuguese Hindi
Italian Urdu
Croatian Cantonese
Bosnian Mandarin

Keep in Touch

Our office is located 3200 Dufferin Street near Yorkdale mall.

  • Mon-Fri
  • 3200 Dufferin Street, Suite 500, Totonto ON M6A 3B2
  • (416) 789 9200
  • info@zarolialaw.com
  • (416) 789 9201

Contact Us

Our office is located 3200 Dufferin Street near Yorkdale mall. Contact us now for a free no obligation consultation. Call us directly at 416-789-9200 or email us at info@zarolialaw.com


Zarolia Barristers © All Rights Reserved. Designed by Networktechs.ca